Golshifteh Farahani appears naked again in controversial new movie (video)
Iranian actress Golshifteh Farahani is no stranger to controversy and expressing her views quite "demonstratively." Farahani was first banned from leaving Iran for appearing in the 2008 Leonardo DiCaprio/Russell Crowe film "Body of Lies." Recently she was totally banned from her homeland after posing topless for French magazine Madame Le Figaro, to protest Iran's restrictive policies toward women. Now she is causing more controversy after appearing nude in the new movie "The Patience Stone" a film adaptation of the best-selling novel by Atiq Rahimi.
In "The Patience Stone" (Sange Saboor in Persian) a beautiful Afghan woman in her thirties (Farahani) watches over her husband in a decrepit room. He is reduced to the state of a vegetable because of a bullet in the neck, and not only is he abandoned by his companions of the Jihad, but also by his brothers. One day, the woman starts a solitary confession to her silent husband. She touches him, kisses him, things she could never have done before, even though they have been married for the past 10 years. Therefore, this paralyzed man unconsciously becomes a Sange saboor, a magic stone which, according to Persian mythology, when confided with secrets and wishes, shields the person from unhappiness, suffering, pains and miseries. She talks about her childhood, her suffering, her frustrations, her loneliness, her desires and even her new sexual affair.
The book is translated to 33 languages and was the recipient of the 2008 Goncourt Prize, the prestigious book award in France.
Conservative media inside Iran have been harshly critical of Farahani since she supported Iran's 2009 reformist Green movement and women's rights. There were some reports from inside Iran that Golshifteh's father, Behzad Farahani, who is a well known Iranian actor, has hung up the phone on her and disavowed her. Today, the conservative publication Farda News congratulated Golshifteh Farahani for her new role in "a lowly Hollywood film" as a "whore!" Golshifteh does not appear to be paying attention.
More New Related to Golshifteh on Kodoom.com:
- Women's Bodies Are Still the Subject of Dispute
- Naked Activists Flash Flesh for Banned Iranian Actress
- Iranian Actress Breaks Taboos, Sparks Scandal By Posing Topless
- Golshifteh Farahani in Vogue Paris
- Golshifteh Farahani in "Rumi's Kimia" by Mehrjui
- Golshifteh Farahani stars in films by Roland Joffé and Hiner Saleem
- Golshifteh Farahani in defense of Jafar Pahani
- Golshifteh Farahani's new song about "prince of my dreams"
More Related to Cinema on Kodoom.com:
- (Video/Images) Leila Hatami announces Cannes 2012 Grand Prix (Grand Prize)
- Lindsay Lohan: 25 Years in 60 seconds
- Amazing LED light suit dance inspired by TRON (the movie)
- Is this the prettiest woman's face?
- TV show about Iranian-Americans premieres strongly (video)
- Disorderly welcome reception for Farhadi in Tehran airport
- American TV show portrays Iranians as successful, spoiled and dysfunctuonal!
- "A Separation" by Farhadi wins an Oscar (Video)
- Project X, A wild directorial debut for Iranian-British Nima Nourizadeh
- Sad story of Macaulay Culkin and other child stars
- Oliver Stone's son receives award from Ahmadinejad in Tehran
- The story behind the shocking scene of flying men over New York
- Press room with Asghar Farhadi, director of "A Separation"
- Talented Leila Hatami fluent in four languages
- Leila Hatami breaks into tears about treatment of women in Iranian cinema
»This is a summary of the original feature in Farsi. To request a more extensive translation of the Farsi text, please contact us.
© 2012 Kodoom LLC All Rights Reserved